Friday, June 11, 2010

Alechinsky in the MOMA



I was up in NYC last weekend (mostly to see the Garo show at the Center for Book Culture) and visited the MOMA. They've got a show about modern art and mythology up and, lo and behold, I turned a corner and found myself face-to-face with a large Pierre Alechinsky canvas! I snapped this rather poor cell phone picture of it, to share on this blog. (Click for a bigger view.)

Edit (6/12/10): Thanks to commenter Naruse pointing out this piece is viewable on the MOMA site. It's called "The Complex of the Sphinx" from 1967.

A few years ago (on Andrei's recommendation) I learned about Alechinsky and posted some images on my blog.

2 comments:

  1. MoMA's collection is searchable. The painting in question is here, with a slightly better image:

    http://www.moma.org/collection/object.php?object_id=37446

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great. definitely abstract comics-y.

    ReplyDelete

Please note that anonymous comments will be rejected.