Thursday, April 8, 2010

Abstract Comics Anthology receives an Eisner nomination!!!!!

The nominations for the Eisner awards were announced today, and Abstract Comics received a nomination for best anthology. Here is the entire category:

Best Anthology
• Abstract Comics, edited by Andrei Molotiu (Fantagraphics)
• Bob Dylan Revisited, edited by Bob Weill (Norton)
• Flight 6, edited by Kazu Kibuishi (Villard)
• Popgun vol. 3, edited by Mark Andrew Smith, D. J. Kirkbride, and Joe Keatinge (Image)
• Syncopated: An Anthology of Nonfiction Picto-Essays, edited by Brendan Burford (Villard)
• What Is Torch Tiger? edited by Paul Briggs (Torch Tiger)


More information at The Beat.

10 comments:

  1. Excellent news, Andrei -- congratulations to you and all the contributors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoo whoo whoo! Fabulous Andrei --- YOU most of all deserve it (although I think all we contributors are grand!) --- all the work and thought that went in to it --- even the mere fact of believing it could occur and making it happen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, everybody!

    Mark, you're totally right. When I make something myself, I'm pretty used to first imagining it and then seeing come into existence--but when I first imagined the anthology around 2004, its eventual, actual existence seemed improbable in the extreme. But somehow a pipe dream became reality. I'm still stunned that it actually happened.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Go Abstract Comics! Go Andrei, thanks for making it happen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Andrei, I truly admire the fact that you make things happen! As we both know, there are tons of great ideas out there; I hear about them regularly. But you suggested this and THEN brought it about --- and it is beautiful! Most people are too easily discouraged. As my father used to say, "done is at least half" --- making and finishing such a book is amazing even beyond the good idea it was in the first place. Congratulations! I hope you (we) win!

    ReplyDelete
  6. great news indeed ! thanks for all andrei, and to all, fellow contributors !

    ReplyDelete
  7. I send you laurel leaves of victory
    Andrei and thanks for including my work. I remember the day you pitched the book to Gary Groth at SPX and you were so prepared and just INTO IT that he couldn't say no. BADASS!

    ReplyDelete

Please note that anonymous comments will be rejected.