Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Abstract Comics Accidental - Part 2


I found this in the book The Golden Ratio by Mario Livio:


(It's a test that was used by University of Maine mathematician George Markowsky to determine if there is a preference for a particular ratio but I couldn't help reading it as a comic and found it had an interesting oscillating effect in the flow.) 

+ 

This one was sent to me by ABCOLAB #2 contributor Charles Newton, 

(As a comic, it might seem insignificant but reading it slowly, and imagining it much larger, I found it surprisingly powerful.)

...and speaking of fractals, you might get into this: http://vimeo.com/13886600


2 comments:

  1. Great post Mike. I love the first one as an abstract comic. Perfect. Really works and I just love it. Like Raushenberg's white paintings or Cage's silence.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Mike - just wanted to let you know that I blogged about your found comics over at my Digital Art Zine HOTLINKS (click on my name to have a look). Really love these works. Looking forward to more.

    ReplyDelete

Please note that anonymous comments will be rejected.