Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Dynamism of the Night Train


Made up of details, arranged in chronological order, of screen caps from 3rd run of U.S. four-man bobsled team 1, piloted by Steve Holcomb.

To my surprise, I found the experience of watching bobsled during the Olympics exciting and dynamic in quite a visceral way, and I wanted to see whether that dynamism could translate to the comics medium.

For some reason (all the diagonal lines, I think, contrasting from panel to panel) it reminds me of this Irv Novick page, featuring the Shield, from Pep no. 1:



Come to think of it, it's probably also the American flag theme.

(Thanks to Rusty Witek for sending me the Pep scan, by the way!)

3 comments:

  1. This is very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great stuff.

    Have you seen the recent Speed Racer film?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Steven Holcomb just posted a link to this on his FB fan page... awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Please note that anonymous comments will be rejected.