Saturday, December 10, 2016

Jean Caillon - le moment de tuer

Hello everyone,

just a short note to show show you an image an old (1972) "proto-abstract comic" (for lack of a better word) Maël Rannou made me discover some time ago. Each page contains a unique image similar to this one:


Maël has published 2 thirds (EDIT: the third part is also available) of this 22 (EDIT: 28) pages book on its tumblr, the first part is here:


Despite an unfortunate twist in its last page, which renders the story much more down to earth, I still find it a very interesting example of early (almost) abstract comics. 

But actually I feel a bit awkward talking about it myself, since Maël knows this work and this author much better than I do, and since he moreover regularly emails me with other such examples, I think it would be a better idea to simply invite him to contribute to this blog. (Maël is also a small press publisher and did produce some zines of its own.)  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note that anonymous comments will be rejected.