Thursday, September 10, 2009

Interview with Draw

Recently I did an email interview for a New Zealand Comics and Pop Culture Blog about the Abstract Comics Anthology. Where we discuss it and my abstract comics practice. Check it out here.

Extract:

AK: You've also experimented with having content inside and outside of a panel grid, for example, Series 1 Abstract 8 set 'They are coming'. Did you find one effect more interesting than the other, or was it more about exploring the contrast between to two effects?

DRAW: I had an epiphany. The gutter is where all the action in a comic takes place, its where the reader creates the comic reading experience. The Abstract Seven set from series One is the first experiments I did looking into this. I wasn't trying to create effects, I was trying to create a visual representation of what happens in the gutter of a comic.


Drawingsilence.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note that anonymous comments will be rejected.