Friday, April 3, 2009

24 x 24: A Vague Epic

I have a show of that title opening at ArtLexis in Brooklyn on Monday (but keep in mind there will be not an opening, but a closing reception, Thursday before MoCCA, so please come if you're in town). More info here. That is also the title of the central section of my book Nautilus, also debuting at MoCCA, but for the show I colored each page--not to mention that they will be displayed as large art prints, over 24" x 18" each. As a guide for the hanging, and also so I can see how all the colors go together, I made a little ensemble view of all the images. Here it is:



Individual pages can be found on my blog, not in order, as I made them between December 2006 and early 2008. They're not in color, but they are larger!

5 comments:

  1. That's really beautiful all together and colored, Andrei. I'd love to see it at full size.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This may be one of my favorite titles for a piece, ever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks!

    Derik--if you come for MoCCA, it would be great if you came to see it... And Anders--you're in town, I hope you can make it to the reception.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks amazing all together as one - you could read it panel by panel or page by page (as if one page is just a panel).

    How did you make the color choices?

    I find when the color changes slightly, I read it like a chord change
    but when the color changes dramatically, it reads more like a key change

    (Knowing you're also a musician, I can't help thinking musically with your work).

    ReplyDelete
  5. pretty overwhelming - I can't imagine how awesome it would be to see it all up in one place!

    ReplyDelete

Please note that anonymous comments will be rejected.