Thursday, April 9, 2009

Abstract 2 Series 2


Abstract 2 from my second series of Abstract comics. I have made about ten so far in this series. You can see the rest at my website drawingsilence. With this series I was interested in exploring using found images as a basis and painting on the gutter of a comic page thus creating the panels. This was early in my experimentation and it didn't quiet work as expected. I thought I could paint the entire image with black and then carefully remove the paint creating panels. However the paint stuck to the paper a lot better than I expected, creating an interesting accident.

1 comment:

  1. From this series I especially love this one. I like the feeling that something mysterious is being revealed, and also (knowing now that you made it from a single, pre-existing image) how the panels "guide" our eye through that image, without allowing us to really know what's going on.

    ReplyDelete

Please note that anonymous comments will be rejected.